ADVANCED OPEN WATER 30
Advanced Open Water 30 (AOW 30) is a recreational scuba diving certification level provided by several diver training agencies. Scuba Diving agencies offer similar training under different titles. Advanced Open Water Diver is one step up from entry level certification as a beginner autonomous scuba diver to the ISO24901-2 standard. A major difference between Autonomous diver equivalent Open Water Diver (OWD) certification and AOW 30 is that the depth limit is increased from 20 to 30 meters.
Prerequisite certification level for AOW 30 training is OWD 20 or a recognized equivalent (ISO24901-2). Certification requirements for AOW 30 includes theory learning and assessment, practical training and assessment, and a minimum requirement for number of 9 logged dives.
The AOW 30 diver course will give you an overview of five different diving specialties courses. Two of the required specialties are the Deep Diver and Navigation Diver specialties which are a requirement for continuing diver education. The remaining 3 specialty dives can be chooses by yourself within the courses we provide
- Advanced Buoyancy Control
- Altitude Diver
- Boat Diver
- Computer Nitrox Diver
- Night Diver
- Green Fins Diver
This course is intended to introduce you to each of the five specialties selected; not complete comprehension of the chosen specialty. One dive from each of the chosen specialties may apply towards the completion of a specialty certification.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diver knowledge and skill set
- Any certified open water scuba diver who would like to advance in dive training
- Any certified open water scuba diver who would like to experience an introduction to specialty courses
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- An overview of the Deep 40 and Navigation Diver specialties
- Overview of three other chosen specialties of your choice as an introduction to that specific area in diving
BECOME MORE EXPERIENCED DIVER:
- An opportunity to experience several PDIC specialties and programs
- Continue diver education, skills, and knowledge
- Ability to enroll in and complete selected specialties
ADVANCE OPEN WATER 30 MINIMUM REQUIREMENT:
- Satisfactorily complete the appropriate AOW 30 knowledge review with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
- Complete all course requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
HOW TO APPLY:
- Go to your nearest PDIC dive center and sing up directly there.
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
- Open Water Scuba Diver 20 or equivalent, Junior Open Water Scuba Diver 12 or equivalent
*Note: Junior divers (10-15) can only take specialties approved for their age
Limits for Junior Divers:
Deep Diving: Maximum depth for divers 10-15 is 21 meters
Our safety, being the most conservative in the dive industry will only allow our instructor to conduct course programs with rations 1:4.
JUNIOR DIVER REQUIREMENTS (10-15 years old):
- Minimum age 10 with parental consent
- Students between the ages of 10 through 14 may obtain an WORLD DIVERS Junior Open Water Scuba Diver 12 Certification if the following conditions are met: junior students are to train and dive under the direct supervision of a parent, guardian, or active dive professional
- When an PDIC Junior Open Water Diver 12 reaches the age of 15, they will be automatically upgrade to an PDIC Open Water Scuba Diver 20 certification after following a refresher with a PDIC dive professional.
Maximum depth 30 meters.
Junior (10-15) maximum depth 21 meters.